Open to Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior status students.
Status: 10-20 hours/week; 12 weeks summer internship; $10/hour
The Marketing & Communication Intern will assist in generation and adaptation of marketing materials, implementation of a communications calendar, creation of a social media strategy and measure digital marketing effectiveness.
· Generate and adapt marketing collateral for NEDCO programming assets, including flyers, posters, social media graphics, and social videos
· Develop and implement a communications calendar, including a social media plan
· Execute outreach to community partners and key influencers
· Develop systems for analyzing and measuring marketing effectiveness
· Collaborate and brainstorm digital strategies for marketing programs
Other specific projects as assigned or developed Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Familiar with social media engagement and best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and SnapChat
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to take initiative, to think creatively and solve problems.
· Experience or knowledge of marketing or digital marketing principles, techniques and best practices
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Working graphic design proficiency preferred; including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a flexible work structure
***See attachment for more information on NEDCO and the internship position***
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position and relevant experience to Ross Kanaga (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line, “Marketing Internship Application”.
(Optional) You may provide a web address to your digital portfolio.