The Account Executive will be responsible for creating, managing and executing PR campaigns and news cycles involving business and consumer press, as well as other influencers on behalf of our agency clients. This position will support product launches, execute on seasonal campaigns, and as well as contributing to campaign development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for tech PR, especially artificial intelligence (AI), and its potential during this pivotal time of AI adoption and infusion across consumer and enterprise technology.
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of relationships with key, senior level influencers in both consumer, technology and social media
- Identify communication trends and educate/inform clients and agency colleagues and partners on changes and trends.
- Monitor, report and provide insight on competitor and issue-specific social media activities, unique and creative uses of social campaigns or emerging culture themes
- Leverage clients extensive data to conceive and drive stories apart from traditional news milestones
- Model agency values, mentor and coach colleagues and junior staff on agency “best practices” and successful engagement with your influencers.
- Oversee and reinforce consistent adherence to media management processes: media lists, coverage monitoring and industry coverage trends.
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Identify opportunities to grow and diversify current accounts and new business efforts to include sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 2-3 years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the high tech industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong analytical writing skills
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content highly desirable.
- Comfortable with integrated communication principles
- Understand the role of the media
- Interest in developing integrated communications skills incorporating digital and social media
- High level of initiative
- Desire to be an engaged, accessible member of a dynamic office and broader global agency community
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.