The Chronicle of Higher Education is seeking an Advertising Sales Associate to work for national publications in the higher education and non-profit industries. This person will sell digital and print advertising products to university and non-profit clients. The Advertising Sales Associate will need to identify, target, and sell to new customers through customer research while maintaining and increasing business from current customers.
Outstanding customer service and maximizing revenue in the assigned territory is paramount for this position.
What you'll do:
- Build relationships with customers, conduct needs assessments to identify their short and long-term activities and staffing needs. Provide value and service through identifying Chronicle products that meet customer needs.
- Be fully knowledgeable and conversant about all aspects of advertising in The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy, including ad placement, appropriate job categories, ad types and sizes, recruitment ads in print and online, image ads, banner ads, Employer Profiles, job alert e-mails, supplements, and all other recruitment-advertising services.
- Understand roles and successfully engage with both academic and administrative decision-makers and staff at both 2 year and 4 year universities and non-profit organizations.
- Meet and exceed established sales goals and KPIs.
- Provide superior customer service via telephone and e-mail correspondence to build revenue and maintain relationships with new and existing customers.
- Respond to customer needs and requests with a high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and knowledge to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Some face-to-face meetings with local non-profit organizations.
- 3+ years of inside sales experience or consultative phone-selling experience.
- 3+ years of experience in customer service or building customer relationships.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with customers and serving in a consultative sales role.
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills are a must, as is attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be highly motivated and successful handling outbound sales activity - both email and phone calls.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Advertising Sales Associate" in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.