The Animal Planet publicist will be a member of an experienced team helping to formulate, execute and sustain a U.S. and international media strategy for Animal Planet. The publicist will focus on innovative ways to engage broadcast, consumer, trade and digital press outlets and spearhead publicity campaigns, autonomously with passion and creativity. The ideal candidate should be energized, curious, a risk taker, results-oriented and not afraid to take new ideas and run with them.
The Animal Planet publicist will be responsible for day-to-day media contact with U.S. media (broadcast, print, digital) and select international outlets to help drive the Animal Planet brand and narrative forward. The publicist will also work collaboratively and independently to develop and implement publicity campaigns; write and develop key communications materials; staff talent during press interviews; and collaborate with other Animal Planet divisions, including development, production, marketing, research, digital/social media and programming.
1. Planning, developing and executing comprehensive, creative and strategic publicity campaigns
2. Demonstrate an ability to think innovatively
3. Establish and build solid working relationships with press contacts
* Be open to fearlessness, taking chances and turning TV series publicity campaigns inside out
* Really love entertainment and have a broad knowledge of TV, pop culture and lifestyle and animal trends.
* Love brands and be open to learning what to do with genuine insight
* Appreciate the undeniable bond that exists between animals and humans and be ready to promote and celebrate these stories
* Can get scrappy when needed to get career defining results
* Flourish in a ‘hands on’ role and have a track record of working with top tier media and influencers
* Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with members of the media
* Be fluent in social platforms to partner effectively with the Animal Planet social media team
* Mandatory that the appropriate amount of time be set aside to learn all of the rules and regulations of Puppy Bowl, including player penalties; be good with first names as our players do not have last names.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
New York, NY, NYC
Share on your newsfeed
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.