Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
What part will you play?
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction for the game, ensuring an industry leading, brand-consistent look.
- Work closely with the game development team to ensure art supports and enhances the game fiction and narrative.
- Review, direct and provide positive constructive feedback to a variety of game art disciplines including, environments, characters, VFX, lighting, animation and outsourced art.
- Mentor art team members to help them grow as creative professionals.
- Work closely with production, engineering and other disciplines to ensure a collaborative, efficient approach to the development of the game.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art or equivalent.
- Passionate about mobile games and playing games.
- Shipped a minimum of two titles as Art Director demonstrating a high visual bar.
- At least one in the mobile space.
- Proven track record working with an established AAA franchise.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience developing video game art as a lead.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to motivate artists and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques.
- Strong illustration and concept art skills.
- Must have mentored and managed a team of 15 to 20 artists.
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, Zbrush, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter and at least one game engine such as Unity, Unreal or Crytek.
WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.