Over 800 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
We are looking for an Art Director to join the team with a background in digital product, AR, VR and 3D. You must be comfortable working across many media. You're a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a strong point of view on design and it shows in your work. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding. You should have unwavering dedication to design excellence.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of beautiful, useful, and consistent experiences
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Content Strategist to implement a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone
- Manage a small team of creatives to execute on the work
- Output illustration, photography, video, animation or other media (as appropriate)
- Create visual content with a narrative in mind and an understanding on content hierarchy, beginning – middle - end
- Absorb knowledge and direction, build on it to bring ideas to life
- Deliver content that’s delightful, beautiful, and clear and with a high-level of finish and polish
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style and approach
- Prioritize and execute on high-priority creative moments
- 3+ years experience as an Art Director at a creative agency or an in-house team
- 3D design experience
- Augmented Reality Experience
- Virtual Reality Experience
- Presentation, interpersonal, and communication experience
- Experience communicating concepts
- Experience taking design feedback and incorporating it
- A portfolio of design work
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers on your team
Instagram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.