KOIN 6 a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. Television Station in Portland, Oregon is seeking an experienced assignment editor. The Assignment Editor assigns news stories to news personnel, integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories; as well as, completes daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop story or content ideas, considering on-air and online audience appeal.
* Research trends and build contacts with key PR people, public information officers, and other newsmakers
* Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
* Send teams of reporters and news videographers on location to film breaking news
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Quick and decisive decision-making skills.
* Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multimedia production software.
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
* Create alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, or English and three years’ experience as news assignment editor.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer system (ENPS). Other web and video skills a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be available to work a variety of shifts.
Please visit the Work for us page on our Website at www.koin.com https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2NpjYBu&token=H1zbtMJN7wHGFXc6Xjh5XIIzNU5fxvwQtKf6CmmnGqc%3D or at the Nexstar Website at: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2JxnUO8&token=R6L6I9O5c%2BPq2j%2BBjyOxVZEB%2BMdQwUHMJzSOCVAV290%3D to complete the application process.