Are you an experienced editor with a passion for beauty and style? Keep reading.
Make-Up Artist—an internationally circulated trade magazine for professional make-up artists—is looking for a skilled Portland Metro-based beauty editor for its editorial department. In addition to writing and editing copy for our bimonthly magazine and websites, this person will also work on the International Make-Up Artist Trade Show (IMATS), which the magazine produces in Los Angeles; New York; Vancouver, B.C.; London; Toronto; and Sydney.
Solid organizational skills are a must, as is the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must have professional editorial experience—just because your mom likes your blog doesn't mean you’re a writer. Candidates should also be Web and tech-savvy and able to juggle multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
• Writing front-of-book news and features
• Pitching, writing and editing celebrity beauty and fashion stories
• Representing Make-Up Artist at industry events
• Working with Managing Editor to edit stories
• Conceptualizing, producing and packaging compelling photo stories
• Working with Online Editor to edit and post content on our websites
• Nurturing and maintaining high-level contacts in the beauty industry
• Bachelor of Arts in English or journalism
• Superb command of grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Tech know-how
• Experience in the beauty/cosmetics industry
• Ability to handle constant deadline pressure and adapt to changes quickly
The ideal candidate:
• Has worked for a major cosmetic brand or brands • Is familiar with AP Style
• Has strong industry contacts
• Works well with a team and enjoys professional networking
• Loves to travel
A few things we’d like you to know about us:
• We’ve been publishing since 1996.
• We have readers in more than 70 countries.
• We work really, really hard all of the time.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits
For consideration, candidates MUST email a resume, a cover letter, four to six clips of published editorial work and three professional references. First-round interviewees will be asked to take an editing test. For more information, check out our website at keypublishinggroup.com. Absolutely no phone calls, please.