The Oregon Athlete Foundation is a non-profit whose mission is to further student-athletes' exceptional experience at the University of Oregon by providing them an organization that will help with their transition to becoming alumni through mentorship and networking opportunities and then fostering those relationships into lifetime engagements as Ducks through social events, career opportunities, reunions, informative communication and more to let them know they will always be an integral part of the Oregon Athletics family.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Executive Director & Board with all events, including fundraisers, socials, reunions, camps, community service projects, etc.
- Assisting with branding, marketing and building our social media platforms.
- Communicating with former student-athletes, donors and potential donors by telephone, e-mail and social media.
- Help create a monthly newsletter with updates about the organization, job postings, etc.
- Create and follow a social media caledar.
- Attend OAF events and take professional quality photos.
- Write press releases and other promotional material for OAF events.
- Help build our current database of contacts, members, and potential donors.
- Sponsor outreach as assigned by Executive Director or Founder.
- Time commitment required: 5-10 hours a week.
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
- Must be proficient with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media networks.
- Knowledge of MailChimp and design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred.
What training and learning experiences will the intern receive?
The intern will develop their skills in drafting media lists, pitches, press releases, social media calendars, website fluidity, marketing collateral and content strategies.
How will you provide constructive feedback for the intern?
Constructive feedback will be given through example of leadership, transparency, and camaraderie.
Who will be supervising the intern and what are his/her qualifications?
Founder Michael DeLaGrange, Executive Director, Jeff Eberhart and board members Seth Hague and Keagan Edwards. A self-starter looking for experience in the sports and/or non-profit industry working with former and current student-athletes, potential donors, and other stakeholders. The ideal intern has 2-4 years of experience in social media, has access to a DSLR camera, is proficient in Photoshop, has professional writing experience, has a strong enthusiasm for UO sports, and has knowledge of InDesign. Participation in NCAA sports is a plus. Please note that position is unpaid.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Two positions open