At Clif Bar, we chose to remain family-and employee-owned to build a different kind of company. The freedom to prioritize our values over short-term gains has been key to our success for over 25 years.
Why Purpose? Because perhaps now more than ever, we need companies that operate as engines of a greater good, guided by leaders who are committed to the hard and rewarding adventure of balancing profits and purpose.
With a monthly stipend and a contribution toward paying down your student loans, this post-college scholarship is designed to ease your financial expenses following graduation so you can focus on your purpose.
We’re looking for inspiring, passionate, creative college students who are fully committed to making a positive impact through their business career.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a full-time senior graduating spring 2019 from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Have outstanding student loan debt upon graduating.
- Identify and commit to complete a specific 9-12 month* purpose-driven experience - such as an internship, volunteer project or paid position - that connects to their future career goals in business. Preference will be given to experiences that tie closely to Clif Aspirations.
- Be a United States citizen.
*Projects must meet minimum length of 9 months. Projects longer than 12 months will be considered but stipend will max out at 12 months.
Employees, contractors, interns, and agency representatives, as well as children of employees, contractors, interns and agency representatives of Clif Bar & Company are ineligible.
Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified by April 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
- A link to apply will be hosted at clifbar.com/scholarship throughout the application period. The link to apply will direct students to an application hosted by Scholarship America at https://scholarsapply.org/clifbar/.
- Students will create an account and submit an e-application via Scholarship America.
- In addition to answering the application questions, students will be asked to submit the following:
- Two (2) online recommendations from people (unrelated to the applicant) who best understand why the applicant is a good fit.
- An uploaded complete transcript of their undergraduate studies, and
- Documentation of their outstanding student loan balance (total amount and expected balance upon completion of their post-graduation internship or project).
- If selected as a finalist, students will be asked to submit two creative submissions:
- A written Purpose Plan, no longer than one page in length (500 words) in Microsoft Word.
- A Personal Video, no longer than 2 minutes in length formatted as an MP4, or MOV file.
- Both creative submissions will be requested via email and will serve as key components for applicants to showcase what type of experience this scholarship will enable them to pursue, and how they envision the experience impacting their future career in business.
- Finalists must also be prepared for the possibility of a face-to-face interview (in person or via Skype, for example) with a Clif representative at our discretion.