The Communications and Marketing Student Assistant supports the Director of Communications, Student Success and Experience working both collaboratively and independently to create a range of communication and marketing materials. This assistant supports the management and production of communications marketing content for web and printed materials, assists in text editing, design of advertising collaterals, and the creation of print materials and advertising campaigns for all of UGS' units.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and motivated individual to help us promote our units and programs. Applicants should include links to websites, portfolios, or images of past work with their resume.
This job requires a commitment through May 2019 with 15 hours/week (paid) schedule. Work could continue through the summer and into the 2019-20 academic year. Credit available subject to departmental approval. Work study highly encouraged.
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
• Be a junior or senior in good standing, with preference given to students from the College of Design and School of Journalism and Communication. We strongly encourage qualified applicants from any other relevant UO departments or programs to apply. A strong portfolio will be considered in lieu of an academic path different from design or communications.
• Have knowledge of print production, photo editing and illustration
• Have strong working knowledge of Adobe software (with at least intermediate skills in ID, PS, and AI)
• Be proficient in using web content management systems including Drupal and WordPress
• Have experience in photography and video editing/production
• Be detail-oriented and able to adhere to deadlines while multi-tasking
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be able to proactively work independently and as part of a team
$11-12.50/hour, depending on previous experienc
Send letter of interest and resume/work samples via email, with subject line, "UGS Student Assistant Applicant" to Kimberly Lamke Calderon at email@example.com no later than January 3, 2019. Applicants will be contacted for interview and expected to start work the week of January 14, 2019.