The Communications and Events Assistant is an internship position within the UO School of Journalism and Communication at the Portland location.
This position will carry out projects for the SOJC in Portland and will assist the Project Manager in all aspects of preparation and execution. The ideal candidate will be an organized, self-motivated team player, with solid design and communication skills.
Projects range in scope but most project include, but not limited to, SOJC-initiative conferences and lectures, networking events, recruitment strategy, drafting digital marketing strategy, event promotion, marketing and design coordination, and may serve as a representative at SOJC programming functions.
Duties may include:
• Working with the SOJC Project Manager and faculty to plan, implement and evaluate projects/events for the SOJC in Portland
• Brainstorm ideas such as event layout, day-of program, design/decoration, marketing and advertising strategy
• Ensures UO brand consistency and quality of materials for public distribution
• Organizing project collateral requests and displays
• Updating UO and Portland event calendars
• Managing lists, databases, and updating contact information
• Day-of event coordination and troubleshooting
• Social media/engagement strategy development
• Other duties as assigned
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
Jobs is located in Portland, OR
• Current undergraduate or graduate student in good standing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite software
• Understanding of copy editing and basic writing skills
• Ability to organize many small details related to projects
• Must be motivated and be able to take initiative
• Must have good written and oral communication skills
$13/hr (or based on experience)
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: Erika Berardi, School of Journalism and Communication, 70 NW Couch Street, Ste. 343, Portland, OR 97209
Or please email Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.