Communications Coordinator (Full Time) | September, 2018 TVA Architects is an award-winning architecture firm lauded for a modernist and sculptural style. While our portfolio spans the nation and into Asia, we are comfortably located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon.
For this newly created position, we are seeking a creative, kind, energetic and talented team player to join our team. This position reports to TVA’s Director of Marketing and Business Development and will work to develop the firm’s communications and marketing materials, including RFP/RFQ responses, award submittals, marketing/business development collateral, and other projects, as assigned. As a firm, we work to maintain a diverse portfolio of projects and our future will include a broad range of project types from public projects and higher education to multi- and single family residential; from local sports arena to science and healthcare focused buildings. As a firm, we have deep roots in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest and we will continue to thrive here while looking for opportunity and connections where we can do socially responsible work and design better places to live, learn, work and play.
The Communications Coordinator is a broad-based position and will be an integral part of the firm. The role requires exceptional graphic, verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize a variety of tasks, keen organizational skills, and a knowledge of and passion for architecture and design. The Communications Coordinator collaborates with all levels of staff from principal to studio assistant, and engages with consultants and other members of the design community.
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
Requirements: We are looking for a person with a bachelor’s/ master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields of design, art, architecture, art/architectural history, journalism/communications. You will be a good fit for our team if you have experience in both graphic design and creative writing and an eye for detail.
• We encourage applications from candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or Master’s Degree in relevant field
• Are you able to read architectural drawings? This is helpful and will contribute to your understanding of our projects
• Our ideal candidate should have the ability to take initiative, be detailed-oriented, task-driven, open and flexible, able to multi-task, and at ease in a fast-paced environment
• You should be enthusiastic in learning new technologies, work with care and accuracy, and approach tasks with positivity and a “can-do” attitude
• You enjoy and are proficient in the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• You have strong writing and editing capabilities
• From experience or training, you have high calibre graphic design skills
• You are an enthusiastic team player and good collaborator
Commensurate with experience | TBD
Email resume and letter of interest to Sabina Poole, Director of Marketing and Business Development, TVA Architects, Sabina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Communications Coordinator ” in the subject line. No phone calls. TVA offers a competitive salary and benefits, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.