Flexible Work Location Acceptable: NoShift: DayTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeFLSA Status: ExemptJob: Communications/Public Relations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This intermediate level position, under moderate supervision and guidance, is progressively more responsible for assisting in the drafting, coordinating and executing of both external and internal communication plans. Cultivates internal business and department head relationships and is mentored by upper level Communications experts in the development and management of external vendor relationships. Assists assigned internal partners with communication for targeted audiences.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Under supervision, engages and assists assigned internal partners (business and department heads) with targeted communications to both internal and external audiences.
- Assists with external company message positioning on assigned issues and branding and is responsible for recommending delivery and timing of company messages to target audiences.
- Provides assistance to company personnel in preparing speeches, letters and articles which are to be made public.
- Works with management to execute internal communications tactics designed to contribute to the company’s employee engagement campaign and the related behaviors to support a motivated workforce.
- Responds to field communicators to assist with the strategy implementation, delivery of tools and messaging.
- May coordinate and assist in the administration and planning of large company events.
- Assists in creating and supporting internal communications regarding weather related disaster or crisis preparedness and aftermath.
- Monitoring and compiling and distributing company and industry daily news throughout the company via intranet.
- Organizing and monitoring media from all outlets
Bilingual English/Spanish reading, writing, and verbal preferred.
Demonstrated ability in media pitching with strong track record earning media placements.
Experienced in social media content development.
Experience with Adobe Cloud, InDesign a plus
III. Supervisor Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience in a communications department or agency.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Some knowledge of finance and accounting helpful.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
apply online. job found through OC Marketing Jobs.