DRIVING INFINITE POSSIBILITIES WITHIN A DIVERSIFIED, GLOBAL ORGANIZATION
Honeywell is seeking a Communications Specialist for the company’s global headquarters’ Corporate Communications group based in Morris Plains, NJ. This role reports to the Vice President of External Communications and Public Affairs for Honeywell. The specialist will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with an understanding of digital and social communication channels and how to leverage them to drive Honeywell business priorities.
You will be responsible for creating compelling content and stories for Honeywell’s online newsroom and corporate and business unit social media channels. The specialist will be a contributor to Honeywell’s corporate social responsibility and global citizenship activities, as well as supporting employee communication programs and initiatives as needed. Among the top priorities will be supporting Honeywell’s transformation to becoming a premier software-industrial company through creating engaging communications to media and other external stakeholders as well as Honeywell global employees. This individual will play a key role in supporting Honeywell’s brand and employee value proposition.
You will need to meet the needs of a varied set of stakeholders, and will need to be comfortable acting in a dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities and some level of ambiguity. We are looking for a contributor who exemplifies Honeywell’s 8 Behaviors, which place emphasis on having a passion to win, thinking big, being courageous and entrepreneurial, and relentlessly focusing on achieving at a high level and pushing to do even more and better in the future.
• Create compelling website, newsroom and social media content for Honeywell’s digital communications channels.
• Write and edit press releases, media pitches and external talking points to support Honeywell’s media relations efforts.
• Help implement external communications strategies and initiatives to key Honeywell business and trade media.
• Support external and internal communications for CSR and community relations programs, including Honeywell Hometown Solutions.
• Prepare briefing materials for Honeywell leadership and subject matter experts for interactions with reporters and external speaking engagements.
• Help develop and reinforce common company messaging across Honeywell segments and business units to media, influencers, analysts and public officials.
• Assist with measurement, analytics and reporting of the effectiveness of external communications initiatives and media relations efforts.
• Partner as assigned with marketing, HR, legal and other internal colleagues in development of strategic communication materials and messaging.
YOU MUST HAVE
• A bachelor's degree in a related field such as journalism or communications
• Strong (AP style) writing skills, with ability to develop clear, concise messages that align closely with corporate messaging
• Completion of an internship or other demonstrated experience in corporate communications, agency or NGO environment
• Exposure to a multinational corporate environment
• Thorough understanding of digital and social communications channels
• Comfortable in building relationships with business, trade and industry media, as well as analysts
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to present effectively to company leaders
• Strong ability to think strategically and assist in developing communications plans to drive results
• Highly capable to provide effective communications guidance and work effectively across the businesses and corporate functions
• Understanding of business processes and vernacular