Hard to get a better communications gig than this: Helping a not-for-profit company advance its mission to make Oregon the safest and healthiest state.
As our communications strategist, you’ll work with executive leadership to develop strategies for taking SAIF’s message to the media and general public. And you’ll collaborate with our communications team to spread the word far and wide.
The ideal candidate has extensive media relations and public affairs experience, outstanding writing, brand expertise, and an understanding of the state’s political landscape.
Good gig, right? If it’s up your alley, apply today.
* Manage public affairs functions and execute community outreach activities.
* Develop messages for key audiences in alignment with strategic goals and the company’s brand identity.
* Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities, coordinate crisis communications, and build relationships with key industry media for the benefit of the company.
* Anticipate, evaluate, and analyze business communication needs. Recommend and implement methods for effectively communicating to targeted audiences.
* Produce press releases, annual reports, and other related materials for key audiences to ensure materials all are consistent with the company’s public affairs goals.
* Produce online content that supports public affairs strategies and maintains consistency with the company brand.
* Research, develop, write, and edit a wide variety of communication material, consistently integrating corporate messaging strategy. Assign illustration, writing, and photography to internal or external support.
The following qualifications are recommended:
* Five or more years’ experience demonstrating the ability to develop and execute complex public affairs strategies and messaging.
* A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or a related field.
* Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job also will be considered.
(See original posting at https://www.macslist.org/macs-list/SAIF/Communications-Strategist/psRtX8...)
To receive consideration, please submit your SAIF Application for Employment by the close of this recruitment. We want your application to count, so be sure it’s complete and that you submit all the required materials.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference in employment by submitting the following documentation as verification of eligibility:
* A copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215), or
* A letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension
Disabled veterans also must submit a copy of their veteran’s disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
To be considered for preference, you must submit the proper documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at: https://jobs-saif.icims.com/jobs/2026/communications-strategist/job