Community Manager: The Sims – Global
The Community Manager is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects our global game teams and services with our player communities. A successful candidate for this role will be able to leverage deep game and community expertise to drive player relationships, engagement, and live service retention. This important role will partner closely with studio and other cross-functional teams around the world to insure a consistent, high quality user experience inside and outside of our games.
This role will also recruit, manage, and maintain our close relationships with Game Changers and Influencers across all Maxis and Sims franchises around the world. This position will report to the Global Manager, Community Engagement.
The Community Manager has the following primary responsibilities:
- This position will primarily work on the Global team across all Maxis titles; especially The Sims with an emphasis on full Sims ecosystem collaboration between HD and Mobile titles.
- Develop a community strategy and influencer plan for all franchises.
- Work with territory partners across the world on both global and local campaign activations.
- Oversee the community strategy of official channels such as the forums, Reddit, and with fan community sites.
- Be the public face of Maxis and The Sims with the community.
- Be the voice of the community, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, studios, and stakeholders.
- Drive communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages and Support Issues.
- Build close relationships between EA and top influencers, elite fans, and users. Maintain a positive community reputation.
- Develop influencer outreach and activation programs that leverage a wide gamut of influencer personalities, disciplines, and focuses in order to maximize and amplify key beats within a campaign.
- Utilize the game’s brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across a variety of community channels.
- Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in and out of game, and on a global scale.
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
- Coordinate and share with other EA Community Managers on engagement best practices, standards, and innovations.
- Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, or service risks.
- Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on overall player experience, especially around key beats such as betas, early access, launch and live service updates.
- Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders.
- Passion and deep experience playing Maxis titles a must, with simulation experience beneficial.
- 7 years’ experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills (samples required)
- Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively
- An aggressive, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven
- Has strong problem solving skills. Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Strong proficiency in player and community engagement tactics.
- Fully versed in influencer content creation/curation, channel ecosystems, listening tools, and their brand awareness motivators.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or Marketing a plus.
- Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.