Category: Administrative, Creative/Graphic Design, General Business, Other
Job Type: TempTern Only
Start Date: ASAP
Min. Experience: Current Student
Availability: Part-Time to start. 20 hrs/week. Shift will start as early as 6am.
General Area: South (Tualatin, Wilsonville, Salem)
This position reports to the QA Supervisor. The QA Specialist reviews and proofs printed and online documentation to assure that the target document resembles as closely as possible the source document (usually the Master English). The role will start off at 20 hrs/week during training and go from there!
- Indicate all corrections, questions, or comments on the hard copy of the target language document using standardized correction symbols (proofreader marks).
- Able to perform side by side online QA.
- Verify match of type styles and layout: check headings, bullets, paragraphs, kerning, leading, text justification, headers and footers, indentations.
- Verify page flow, art work and graphics, call outs, consistency of punctuation, spelling of proper names, placement of screen captures and related terminology.
- Confirm all text has been translated into target language.
- Cross-check table of contents and internal references.
- Functionality quality assurance testing may also be required.
- Availability for proofreading English documents may also be required.
- Other duties may be assigned by the QA Supervisor or Operations Manager, as required.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Requires accuracy and patience.
- Ability to stay focused and to manage time and budget efficiently.
- Writing/editing/proofreading experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of a foreign language a plus.
- Familiarity with PC and Mac operating systems.
Appropriate Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a BS or BA degree or related experience.
- Two or more years of experience in publishing, document production and/or quality assurance fields.
- Experience in the localization industry a plus.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Adobe Acrobat (annotations). Experience with InDesign strongly preferred!
- Light formatting skills.
Original posting found on CampusPoint