The copywriter role at III consists of generating original copy, concepts, and messaging that grabs the attention of target audiences. The copywriter is responsible for writing any and all types of copy, including product descriptions, blog posts, print and digital advertising copy, website copy, slogans, books, taglines, newsletters, and print and digital copy for B2C and B2B audiences. The copywriter must be able to pitch original ideas and create concepts, make revisions based on feedback, and in some cases rewrite, which includes anything from polishing a few lines of copy to starting over entirely. The copywriter is also responsible for editing all copy, or, in some cases, working with contract editors to ensure all written materials meet company standards. The copywriter is also responsible for the company’s email marketing efforts.
TL;DR: The copywriter writes, edits, manages outside editors, and handles the company’s email marketing efforts.
In addition to these requirements, the copywriter should possess the following qualities:
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Ability to write in a variety of styles targeted at different audiences including informal, formal, persuasive, technical, and comedic,
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a team and with a range of creative people
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Be highly self-motivated and well organized
- Have an eye for detail
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new marketing trends and techniques
- Be flexible and possess strong problem-solving abilities
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Other duties as assigned
● At least 3 years of writing & editing experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in writing-related field
● Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and Google Docs