At Lyft, community is what we are and its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Corporate Communications Lead to join our fast-growing Communications team. We are looking for a stellar communications expert to develop and implement strategies, serve as a media liaison with regard to corporate issues, and support the Corporate Communications team. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in an ambiguous and fast-changing environment.
- Work with our Corporate Communications team to develop big-picture narratives and execute against plans that aim to help grow Lyfts brand awareness and in support of business objectives.
- Support corporate objectives among Lyft's key stakeholders including passengers, drivers, policymakers, and investors through message development, executive visibility programs, and other campaigns.
- Handle communications around legal issues and financial matters.
- Provide support to existing Corporate Communications team, including drafting briefing documents, conducting research, developing media lists, and creating coverage reports of major Lyft stories.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple Lyft teams to support and protect our reputation.
- Serve as media contact with national business and beat reporters.
- Draft and release statements and other communications in response to corporate initiatives.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant corporate and financial communications and/or public affairs experience.
- Proven ability to be an effective spokesperson.
- Rock solid writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, a sense of urgency, and attention to detail while remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Lyft.
- A team player,
- Lyft user/believer and a great sense of humor.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records