JOB SUMMARY: Produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce, organize, write, and edit content for multi-media platforms: which may include, but are not limited to internet, mobile and social media.
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms.
• Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites.
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms.
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required; with at least 1 year experience writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate computers with desktop editing system.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland's CBS affiliate, providing local news, network and syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out For You with 34 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather and traffic.
TO APPLY: Please visit: The Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2NpjYBu&token=H1zbtMJN7wHGFXc6Xjh5XIIzNU5fxvwQtKf6CmmnGqc%3D or at the Nexstar Website at: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2JxnUO8&token=R6L6I9O5c%2BPq2j%2BBjyOxVZEB%2BMdQwUHMJzSOCVAV290%3D to complete the application process.