Oregon Business and Industry (OBI) is Oregon’s most comprehensive business association, representing more than 1,600 Oregon businesses and advocating for a strong economy and a healthy, prosperous, and competitive Oregon. OBI coordinates action on behalf of its members and partners with stakeholders to grow Oregon’s economy, create quality jobs for our citizens, and support healthy communities. OBI is headquartered in Salem, Oregon, and has a satellite office in Portland.
The digital content specialist reports to the marketing communications director and works as a member of the communications team. The digital content specialist produces and procures content for multiple marketing and communication channels and digital platforms. The position is responsible for developing and managing digital strategies, email newsletters, social media content, and other digital marketing and communications tactics. The candidate will have rich experience in
communications with strong writing and digital media skills and an aptitude for strategic thinking. The candidate also must have strong interpersonal skills to support collaboration and content development
across multiple internal teams and with a wide range of members and partners outside of the organization. The candidate may work in either the Salem or Portland office, but may be required to travel and work between the two offices.
• Be the primary writer and editor for OBI’s content needs across all marketing and communication channels (websites, social media, newsletters, blogs, email marketing, video, presentations, print collateral and internal communication). Seek out and interview members, industry influencers, and other contributors for content creation.
• Build an engaging social media presence.
• Coach and mentor coworkers to grow their social media presence in support of OBI’s objectives.
• Monitor and manage daily social media activity on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Develop and maintain a social media editorial calendar.
• Apply search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and strategies to improve digital experience and content marketing objectives.
• Ensure consistent content strategy across all communication and marketing channels.
• Stay current on digital marketing and communication trends.
• Research, track and report digital analytics.
• Present digital marketing and communication strategies and results to teammates and key stakeholders.
• Work in a cross-functional team environment and assist with other projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field preferred. Work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
• Minimum of three years of professional experience in content marketing, social media, SEO, digital marketing, online community management, or other related experience.
• Experience developing social strategies and managing online platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
• Exceptional writing, communication, organizational and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Basic image editing or Adobe Photoshop skills.
• Content management system (CMS) experience is preferred.
• Strong technical skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, with ability to stay flexible as priorities shift .
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Ability to explain complex information and interpret ideas for a variety of audiences.
• A self-starter who is flexible, motivated, and able to take initiative.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects, work under pressure, and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to manage contractors and external relationships as needed.
• Superior organizational, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to anticipate problems, pay attention to details, and follow through to ensure job is well done.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with staff, board, members, and a range of stakeholders and partners.
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining websites using content management systems.
• Strong digital and online skills with proficiency in mass email communications, social media, project management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team player with ability to collaborate effectively with others.
Work is primarily performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, within safe OSHA decibel constraints. Some in-state travel may be required.
We welcome job applicants of all diverse communities to join OBI, as we work to serve businesses of all types. OBI values diversity and inclusion, and believes that welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment is the best way to serve our members. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.