When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Electron Microscopy Solutions is seeking an accomplished and energetic Digital Marketing Specialist to help design, run, and report on out-bound & in-bound digital marketing activities. The role will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager who directs the execution of a comprehensive digital content marketing process as part of a vibrant and dynamic marketing team. Our objective is to increase the speed, frequency, and efficacy of our digital marketing programs in order to shorten time-to-business objectives for product groups, business development, and sales.
With the support of corporate marketing leadership, this individual will be a valued member of our automated marketing team, supporting lead acquisition and nurturing goals all the way from documenting strategic approaches to actual program design and implementation. This role will also be responsible for regular reporting and analysis on all assigned programs.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with one or more of the current generation of marketing automation platforms (Eloqua, Marketo or equivalent) and be familiar with their general operation and maintenance. This includes experience building programs, generating lists, launching email campaigns, segmenting data, scoring leads, and reporting on results. However, we will also consider applicants with a more traditional marketing program background and provide comprehensive training on the platform in order to ensure their success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Running strategic activities for a defined set of outbound marketing programs and associated campaigns that may target existing install base, competitive replacement opportunities, or adjacent/vertical markets via trade show events, webinars, content offers/promotion, PPC, social or 3rd party marketing channels.
- Setting, managing, and tracking strategic measurable objectives, campaign timelines and budgets. This involves working in coordination with internal stakeholders and the marketing team to ensure campaigns achieve their stated goals, on time and on budget.
- Using HTML and WYSIWYG editors to build emails and landing pages based on established templates. Updating existing template and creating new ones when required.
- Working with internal copywriters to draft, proof and test campaign assets, including email creative, landing pages and forms.
- Other marketing duties as may be needed to meet business needs.
- Liaise/interface with other departments and sibling business groups to ensure our team’s successful completion of critical business objectives.
- Travel to other company locations, training events, conferences and/or trade shows to represent Thermo Fisher Scientific, as needed. Total travel not to exceed 5-10%.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; A minimum of two years of professional marketing experience and operational familiarity with current-generation marketing automation platforms.
- Preferred: Experience with current-generation CRM systems and their integrated functionality with marketing platforms.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interface effectively with cross-functional teams in a global, multi-divisional, multi-cultural environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to accept responsibility for personal performance (both wins and losses) and learn from professional lessons.
- Proven project management skills all the way through reporting and evaluation. Comfort in working on multiple complex projects simultaneously. Effective use of time-management for planning, organizing, and scheduling multiple programs for timely completion.
- Proficiently use computer software programs, including Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and PowerPoint). Experience working with data visualization tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Strong analytical capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect relevant and trustworthy data, establish facts, and draw value-based conclusions. Self-starter and ability to prioritize, organize and complete tasks independently.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
posting originally found through PortlandMktg/Ad/PR