Golin is seeking a Director (VP equivalent position) for our growing Corporate practice in New York. This position will serve as key driver and client liaison for anticipating their needs, delivering superior client service and activating the broader team. We are looking for someone who is a seasoned PR pro with a strong passion for brand work and driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Director leads by example and motivates the account team to deliver the best possible thinking for clients. The ideal candidate will bring 10 + years of marketing and public relations experience, blending strategic leadership, team leadership, U.S. consumer/branding specialty, and creative insight to the agency. Tech experience is a not required but ideal. The right candidate will demonstrate Catalyst core competencies including: Proactive, Determined, Motivating, Highly Collaborative, Problem Solver, Detail Oriented, Politically Savvy, Growth Driver, Change Agent, Nimble and Resourceful. She/he will also present a solid track record in achieving the following:
- Serve as the Client Relationship Manager
- Provide strategy to client trying to change marketplace perception and reach new consumers
- Address the varied and changing needs of a brand/business, proactively leading clients with solid counsel and program creation
- Maintain a big-picture strategic view encompassing business goals, competitive issues and constituent considerations, along with the breadth of ever-changing communication tools and techniques to tell the brand story
- Advocate for integrated marketing and communications solutions, and proactively seek collaboration with marketing partners of all disciplines
- Understand the art of presentation and bringing ideas to life, and be adaptive to presentation styles for varying client audiences (communications, marketing, executives)
- Provide effective counsel (written & verbal), manage expectations against results, troubleshoot and address issues before they become problems, and ensure flawless execution of day-to-day client activities
- Develop, draft and drive client programs, plans and budgets
- Successfully grow existing accounts and lead new business development activities
- Stay on top of industry best practices, client and competitor brand activity, and ensure Golin delivers game-changing ideas and solutions
- Work within g4 model, harnessing the digital connectors, strategists, and specialized creators to deliver integrated ideas and execution
- Be responsible with team (and media connectors) for constant media coverage, be able to secure top tier media coverage as needed.
Qualifications Skills and Requirements:10+ years of corporate/agency PR experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Strong background in driving consumer media relations programs. Expert in AP Style. BA/BS in English, journalism, communications or related field. Agency (billing, account staffing/utilization, new business) experience required at supervisor or above.
To apply, email: email@example.com.