Scholastic’s Licensed Publishing Department is seeking an energetic and creative Editor to join the team. Editor will manage all aspects of the editorial process for a variety of books based on high-profile brands that will be published in the Trade as well as School Markets (Scholastic Book Clubs and Book Fairs).
The editor will:
• Work with closely with licensors, authors, agents, foreign publishers, packagers
• Edit manuscripts, review sketches/final art, mechanicals, and proofs
• Devise creative book formats and concepts for the brands they manage
• Prepare acquisitions proposals; run P&Ls; and make offers to authors, agents, packagers, foreign publishers
• Present their titles at various meetings including acquisitions and seasonal launches
• Manage schedules and approval processes
• Write copy for book covers, fact sheets, seasonal catalogs
• Liaise with departments such as production, design, marketing, and sales throughout the book process
HOW YOU CAN FIT
Knowledge and/or passion for media is a must. Must be organized, energetic, and passionate about licensing and brands for children and young adults. Must be able to prioritize and juggle a variety of projects. Must have great communication skills, be a team player, attend to details, and keep to schedules. Must be creative and have an understanding of the competition and the marketplace.
Approximately 3-5 year’s editorial experience, preferably children’s publishing and/or licensed publishing.
Editors must have a passion for licensed publishing and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Editor will report to Executive Editor & LEGO Publishing Manager.
Our team has the license for the following brands: Harry Potter movie tie-ins, LEGO, Pokemon, Assassin’s Creed, Five Nights at Freddy’s, Star Wars, DC Super Heroes, Peppa Pig, Pikmi Pops, Clifford, and more!
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
Original posting found through MEOjobs. Apply online. http://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/editor-3051?mc_cid=11cf...