We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
We’re looking for an Editorial Intern to join our lifestyle and culture magazine for men called MEL. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in all things editorial, and an exceptional attention to detail. We’re dedicated to producing original web content, podcasts and videos about the topics guys care about: their bodies, their mental health, their jobs, their money, their sex lives, their relationships, their digital personas and entertainment. Serious stuff that we intend to come across the exact opposite way—approachable, resonant and entertaining.
The intern will assist editors in the day-to-day editorial operations of the magazine by:
- Producing posts
- Updating Trello, our organizational system
- Sending out contracts to writers and act as a liaison with finance to ensure payment
- Pitch stories, report and write them, when necessary
- Help senior staff writers with research and learn from them.
- Work with freelancers who are writing features for us
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in progress or recently graduated in Journalism or related Proficiency in pitching, writing and editing articles
- Deep knowledge of the news cycle
- Experience with social media and blogging platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, presentation and communication skills.
- A sense of humor
We work in an open-air, freshly renovated office in the heart of Silicon Beach. As we disrupt industries and unseat corporate giants, our plan is to think big, but stay small. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration and dig the perks like haircuts, weekly food trucks, and team happy hours. And yes, we have snacks
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, [sexual orientation], national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club
Apply online: https://jobs.jobvite.com/dollarshaveclub/job/of886fwl