Sip Publishing, the publishers of Sip Northwest and CIDERCRAFT magazines, is looking for an editorial intern who is extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multitask and prioritize. Interns must be interested in lifestyle journalism (experience in areas of restaurant/bar, wine, beer, spirits and events is preferred) and must be available to work a minimum 10 hours per week remotely, with occasional evening assignments and times in our Seattle office.
Sip interns will be encouraged to be a full part of the Sip Publishing team, working closely with the editor and contributors on major projects as well as the basic day-to-day editorial operations. This internship is available on an on-going basis for each quarter/semester.
Interns will be exposed to the communication/media industry and the responsibilities of the internship will link to stout communication industry practices: e.g., writing for media, social media work, assisting with marketing campaigns, planning for events. At the end of the internship program, interns will have work results that can go on a resume or portfolio.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing articles including the events recap, sidebars and more for both publications
- Writing four-five web stories weekly for SipNorthwest.com and CIDERCRAFTmag.com
- Fact checking
- Pitching ideas
- Attending and covering events
- Story research and interviews
- Attend editorial meetings and offer input on editorial content
- Managing SipNorthwest.com
- Writing e-newsletters for SipNorthwest.com (bi-weekly) and CIDERCRAFTmag.com (monthly)
- Running social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Interns must have their own laptop or desktop to work from remotely.
- We ask that all editorial interns be 21-years-old or older.
- Internship positions are unpaid and require a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- If needed, Sip is willing to spread the internship between 2 quarters.
- Sip Publishing is looking for someone with a strong written voice that is whip-smart, witty and whimsical yet professional, diligent and hard-hitting.
About Sip Publishing: Since 2010, Sip Publishing has been the award-winning producer of two print and digital publications dedicated to celebrating the beverages of their respectively regions: North American cider and the wine, beer, cider and spirits of the Pacific Northwest. Sip Northwest magazine was recently awarded a national Maggie award for “Best Quarterly Magazine.”
How to Apply: Send a resume and three clips. If you do not have any clips, please send an event or beverage review to email@example.com, subject title “Editorial Intern.”