The Columbian has an opportunity for an organized, creative and tech-friendly features assistant to join our award-winning team. The features assistant's key mission is to gather and assemble Weekend section calendar listings, perform general office duties and work extensively with the public. Organization skills are premium, but we are also looking for someone who can think creatively about our use of the Web and who is a capable writer. The features assistant writes a monthly article highlighting the most interesting activities happening around Clark County. The features assistant is also closely involved in our digital and social media efforts, updating a blog, publishing a newsletter, contributing to a Twitter feed, and taking on additional new media duties as opportunities arise.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style rules.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while under pressure of tight deadlines and constant changes.
- Thorough knowledge of general office duties, including typing, filing, telephone and computer use.
- High proficiency at finding information over the Internet, comfortable with Web-based forms and maps.
- Experienced with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter or other social media platforms.
- Adept at communicating with the public, in person, by telephone and digitally.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 22 paid days annually. Please send at least two writing samples with your resume and cover letter including your salary history by Sept. 11, 2017 to The Columbian, Attn: HR, PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA 98660-0180 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Employment drug screen is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or The Columbian, Attn: HR, PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA, 98660-0180.