OPB Radio continues to grow our staff of Fill-In Host/Announcers. These hourly, non-exempt positions are part-time, temporary status positions.
The Fill-In Host/Announcer for OPB Radio curates and delivers programs to provide an optimal listener experience. This position has a careful eye on the news, updates listeners with important top stories, and shapes and delivers local newscasts. The Host/Announcer operates the broadcast board and alerts appropriate team members of problems. This position also assists with fundraising efforts, as needed, during radio membership drives.
Work is done in OPB’s Portland studios using office, broadcast, and production equipment. Shifts are typically scheduled several weeks in advance and could range from 4 to 8 hours any day of the week, including holidays (starting no earlier than 4:30am and typically ending no later than midnight).
- Radio broadcast experience as announcer and/or board operator.
- Journalism experience.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to use digital audio recording and editing equipment.
- On-air reading skills that engage the listener.
- Excellent writing, listening, and organizational skills.
- Able to make appropriate decisions under stress.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team environment.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the services and mission of OPB.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of disciplines (reporters, editors, news director and news magazine hosts).
- Radio production experience.
- Experience with editorial decisions in newscast production.
- Demonstrated ability to handle newscasts and breaks within a program clock.
- Experience using content management systems to update website.
Apply online. https://www.opb.org/about/jobs/fill-in-host-announcer/