Are you a big thinker?
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
Are you creative and daring? Do you have digital savvy? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Are you ready to launch your career with Weber Shandwick?
We're looking for you, our next Integrated Media Intern.
What is ‘Integrated Media’? It’s a little bit of everything. You’ll be part of teams that:
● Develop digital-first campaigns on social media
● Build relationships with journalists to tell the best stories with your clients
● Tell brand stories as part of a team of editors and former journalists … to name a few
From creative ideation to execution, Weber Shandwick’s integrated media interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll will work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you’re likely encounter every single day.
What you'll do all day:
● Create: Written words, social posts, compelling content
● Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
● Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists
● Research: Analyze brands using various resources
● Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
What we’re looking for from you:
● Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
● Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next.
● Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly. Ditch jargon.
● Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
● Social: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
● Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Adobe Creative Suite, Sysomos, Radian6 a plus.
● Spark: Competence isn’t enough. Set yourself apart with something awesome and unignorable.
● Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
What you’ll get from us:
● Buddy: all new-hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your first few months amazing
● Mentor: you’ll be paired with someone who recently graduated from our internship program to mentor you and navigate the waters
● Lynda.com: keep sharp and learn all the new skills with access to trainings and tutorials through complimentary access to Lynda.com as a WS employee
● In-person trainings and coaching: We host intern workshops and ongoing trainings in-person to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry
● A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
● A paycheck!
● (Note: we do not pay relocation costs, but welcome applicants from everywhere if you’re moving to the Bay Area)
The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by start of internship
Must be available up to full-time for minimum of 3 monthsStart date: January 2019
When you apply, please include:
1. Your resume
2. A cover letter answering the following question: “Why is diversity, equity and inclusion important in our industry?”