Job Number36661BRJob TitleInvestigative ProducerBusiness SegmentNBC News and MSNBCSub-BusinessNBC NewsPosting CategoryTV Content & Production
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
• Generate story ideas for “Rossen Reports” consumer investigative unit
• Develop & research topical stories
• Book experts and everyday people
• Go undercover for hidden camera investigations
• Log tape
• Write scripts
• Work as member of team while multi-tasking
• Work with editors in breaking news situations and tight deadlines
Work closely with National Investigative Correspondent Jeff Rossen on all aspects of production
• Must be able to shoot
• Must have strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must have hidden camera experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience in edit room
• Strong storytelling ability
• Familiarity with social media
Apply online: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25354&si...(_MEOjobs_of_the_day_Monday_March_28th_203_27_2016)&mc_cid=a58f8b3425&mc_eid=fb79844dd6