The Brenthurst Foundation is delighted to announce Machel-Mandela Fellowship 2019. The fellowship is open to both South African and international candidates, with the selected candidate expected to take up the appointment at the Foundation’s headquarters in Johannesburg in April 2019.
Entry into the Program is highly competitive, with the overall aim being to help nurture Africa’s future leaders. An all-inclusive monthly stipend and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided.
Who May Eligible:
- Under 30 years of age
- Undergraduate or Masters degree with a track record of academic excellence
- Excellent English communication skills required, with copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- Enthusiastic and reliable self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in strengthening Africa’s economic performance
- Familiarity with the work of The Brenthurst Foundation
An all-inclusive monthly stipend and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided.
To participate in the fellowship, address your application to Ms. Leila Jack at email@example.com, quoting ‘Application: Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references
- A covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and relevant skills
- A writing sample, for example, an essay or a published article of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
- Details of where you saw the post advertised.