ROC Managing Consultants have a unique opportunity to join the best of the best in internal communications. In partnership with some of the most experienced and thought-leading professionals in the industry, Managing Consultants get immediate opportunities to impact client engagements and unmatched development opportunities. In support of clients and colleagues, Managing Consultants initiate and manage key client relationships. In support of the business, Managing Consultants select and participate in a business support group of their choosing. Ideal candidates will thrive in an organization that values creativity, prioritizes exceptional writing, expects self-management and encourages collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead development of client strategy.
• Develop and manage project scope, staffing and budgets (including contracting, billing, conflict resolution and award entry).
• Oversee all aspects of communication campaigns (e.g., drafting, approvals, design and production).
• Create and edit content to facilitate employee engagement and drive desired behaviors.
• Share communication best practices, processes and advice with clients to help campaigns meet their stated goals.
• Identify and pursue new client relationships.
• Expand existing client relationships, when possible.
• Manage new business pursuits in partnership with Managing Directors.
• Speak, host and/or sponsor industry events, conferences, etc., as needed.
• Mentor and guide junior colleagues (no direct reports assigned to this role to start).
• Manage internal business needs and projects.
• Identify stretch opportunities and areas of interest to continue learning.
• Have fun and be kind.
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
• Master’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years in employee communications, corporate communications, advertising, marketing or public relations; consulting experience a plus.
• At least 2 years of digital experience (e.g., community management, design thinking implementation, digital marketing or internal campaign delivery, etc.)
• Adept at delivering content across all mediums, with a strong background in digital.
• Superior verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Critical thinker, motivated self-starter and creative problem-solver.
• Ability to leverage team members’ strengths to deliver superior work product.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Exhibits professionalism and discretion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Interest in learning new systems and tools.
• Fluency in English. Additional languages are a plus.
• Some travel required.
• Local candidates preferred.
Email a cover letter and resume to Emily Kehinde at email@example.com