The Marketing and Communications Intern will assist in developing innovative social media strategies, execute social media plan, and assist in generation of marketing materials and videos.
• Develop print and digital collateral for an upcoming fundraising event
• Create visual presentation (slide show or video skill-set depending) for fundraising event
• Generate and adapt marketing collateral for NEDCO programming including flyers, posters, social media graphics, and social videos videos
• Execute the social media plan and brainstorm innovative improvements
• Assist in production of digital newsletters
• Execute outreach to community partners and key influencers
• Develop systems for analyzing and measuring marketing effectiveness
• Collaborate and brainstorm digital strategies for marketing programs
• Other specific projects as assigned or developed
• Please note the span of this internship coincides with a new annual event. The Marketing and Communications intern will have the opportunity to gain on the job event experience, depending on candidate interest.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Familiar with social media engagement and best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and SnapChat
• Strong graphic design skills, proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Experience with videography and video production a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to take initiative, think creatively, and solve problems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a flexible work structure
Worksite location (list city and state)
open until filled
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and a sample of graphic design or video work to Mackenzie Karp (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "Marketing and Communications Internship Application."
Applications received by Monday, November 27 will be given priority. Position will be open until filled.