Description: Communications and Media Internship for a Collegiate Summer League baseball organization. This is an unpaid internship located in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Create multi‐media (written, graphical, video) content for website, social media (Instagram, Snap Chat, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube+) and other platforms
- Track analytics of all platforms
- Write press releases and other print and broadcast copy, along with developing and maintaining local media relationships/contacts
- Conduct on‐camera and audio interviews
- Assist staff with media relations and coordinating media interviews
- Other tasks as needed; we are all part of a team and will help each other accomplish all duties
Requirements for position include:
‐ Pursuing or completed undergraduate degree
‐ Good organizational skills
‐ Good team player with above average communication skills.
‐ Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CS4, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
‐ Knowledge of general graphic design and composition principles
‐ Knowledge of layout for large format banner display and advertising specialty printed pieces.
‐ Possess the ability to shoot and edit video.
‐ Be deadline driven and creative.
‐ Intern must be knowledgeable about digital pre‐‐press file preparation to ensure quality and accurate finished product
‐ Outstanding writing and proof‐‐reading skills
‐ Experience in journalism or public relations
‐ Intimate knowledge of the college athletics sector, particularly baseball
‐ Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr
‐ CREATIVE! Willing to offer ideas and suggestions
- Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends
- Must be a Local Candidate
- Dependable transportation to Game sites as necessary
Time Period: The season runs through June and July, with games played roughly five days a week. All interns will be required to attend (in‐person or by conf. call) an introductory meeting in mid‐May, a few weeks before the beginning of the season. The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
- The position is un‐paid. College credit available upon request.
- Attire: khaki shorts and Arroyo Seco Baseball Polo (polo provided by team)
- Hours: Varied and long. Gamedays are typically 3:05pm‐9:05pm and non‐game days are on an as‐needed basis to prepare for travel to upcoming away games.
- All interns will be required to commit for the duration of the season (exceptions for varying school start/stop dates will be reviewed on an individual basis).
- You will make great baseball contacts, while working closely with ex‐major leaguers and other baseball contacts.
- For any inquiries regarding the position, email Nicholas Gorman
Arroyo Seco Baseball recruits elite collegiate players from around the country to come to Pasadena, CA and play baseball in the months of June and July. The Arroyo Seco Baseball organization strives to provide entertainment as well as quality baseball for the residents of the San Gabriel Valley
prospective interns can contact:
Nick Gorman, Asst. General Manager: 805-252-7954, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Stafford, Asst. General Manager: 626-840-5367, email@example.com
Prospective interns must submit a cover letter and resume to officially apply to the internship program. Applicants should specify in the cover letter the season the position for which they want to be considered. Submissions should be e‐mailed to Nicholas Gorman, Operations Manager (at firstname.lastname@example.org).