Holt International Children’s Services finds and supports permanent, loving families for children who are orphaned, abandoned or at serious risk of separation from their family. Holt’s child centered model of care provides services for vulnerable children to ensure they will grow and develop to their fullest potential.
Purpose of position:
To realign the purpose, content and SEO of the Holt-Ridge website to focus on birth mother outreach, to create supporting blogs, testimonials and stories, and to promote such content on Holt's social media platforms — particularly the Holt-Sunny Ridge Facebook page.
To evaluate and improve written and graphic messaging on www.holtsunnyridge.org to focus on birth parent outreach. To generate written webpage and blog content to drive traffic to the website and increase social media engagement. A breakdown of tasks is as follows:
1) Conduct inventory of current Holt-Sunny Ridge website content
2) Realign purpose /content of the current Holt-Sunny Ridge website
- Make birth parent engagement primary focus
- Secondary focus is engaging prospective adoptive parents, potential counseling clients and professionals seeking training
3) Conduct inventory of available content on the Holt-Sunny Ridge website for use on website/social media (stories, testimonials, articles, videos, photos, ads, printed promotional materials, etc.)
4) Create new website content/promotional materials for Holt-Sunny Ridge
- Increase number of adoptive parent profiles listed on website
- Birth parent stories/videos
- Printed promotional materials
- Create new blog articles and repackage previous posts
- Coordinate communications with birth mothers and adoptive families to create new stories
5) Search engine optimization, advertising and social media plan for Holt-Sunny Ridge
- Utilize Tangence or other SEO firm to improve search engine ranking of website
- Determine where to advertise (Face book, Google Ad words, other?), associated costs, and messaging
- Create advertisements
- Create calendar and benchmarks for social media activity (blog, Face book, Twitter, Pinterest)
Strong writing and editing skills, with a preference to a candidate with a degree or in-process degree in journalism, English or related field. Should be able to work independently, but communicate and coordinate across teams. Applicants with Adobe InDesign or Wordpress experience is a plus. Should be comfortable writing posts for social media.
Note: Applicants must complete a background check and sign a confidentiality waiver.
To be considered for this internship, you must complete and submit the following application materials:
Resume or CV
Writing or design work samples or a link to an online portfolio
Submit application materials to Billie Loewen at email@example.com