The Media and Communications Associate works closely with the Executive Director to promote Camp Fire Wilani programs to the community through strategy development and creation of print collateral and digital media to further the mission of Camp Fire Wilani. The Media and Communications Associate will have the resources and experience of a positive mentor in the Executive Director, and national level support in marketing, advertising, media, and more with trainings, webinars, and direct communication. There is ample room for individual creativity and portfolio growth. We want students to feel empowered and to light their creative spark in a space that welcomes out-of-the-box thinking and new ideas.
Camp Fire Wilani is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is non-religious and welcoming to all people. We serve youth through empowering outdoor and service opportunities that build leadership and self-esteem. We run resident camp, day camp, outdoor school, service learning, teen volunteer, and other programs that serve the community.
Note: We have a small, close office and prefer a candidate who does not smoke or vape (cigarettes or other substances) for the comfort of the staff and other interns.
- Ability to work in GSuite for communication, iWork or Office applications, Adobe suite applications (needs will vary)
- Strong ability to navigate social media platforms
- Ability to create digital artwork
- Some entry level web design desirable
- Ability to compose press releases and communicate effectively with others
- Strong work ethic and interest in youth development
Stipend: $300 for food and travel
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to Elissa Kobrin, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org