KOBI-TV NBC5 is the longest, continuously independent broadcast group in the West, and the only locally owned TV station in the Rogue Valley. After more than 60 years, KOBI is still committed to bringing our community the most current, local news.
KOBI-TV NBC5 is seeking a full time morning Meteorologist to join our NBC5 News at Sunrise team. We are a Weather Company station providing excellent graphics and tools for our weather team. Job duties for this position include:
• Gathering meteorological information from weather services and satellite feeds• Presenting informative weathercasts during daily newscasts• Preparing computer-generated weather reports using a weather graphics system• Radio weather reporting• Reporting on news weather events, as required
This position works 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Wage range from 35,000 to 40,000 annually. To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree and/or equivalent meteorology experience• On air weather experience• The ability to carry approximately 50 pounds of camera gear• Knowledge of meteorology, weather gathering, and associated equipment• The ability to professionally report news on-air• Writing, editing, organizational and reporting skills
An insurable driving record and pre-employment drug screen are pre-employment requirements. Our benefits package includes: Medical, dental, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Please send a link to your reel, and cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email to email@example.com or to the physical address below:
Craig Smullin News Director
KOBI TV NBC5/KOTI TV NBC2
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.