NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
As the Sports Multi-Media Journalist for NBC Connecticut, you will work closely with news management gathering daily content for local sports coverage. Additionally, the Sports MMJ may be assigned to cover news stories for the station. You will shoot, edit, write, produce, gather and report content on all of NBC Connecticut’s platforms, including but not limited to broadcast and web. The Sports MMJ should also expect to anchor weekend sportscasts, and fill-in for the Sports Director as required.
- Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews, produce the content in the field, write and voice the story, and present the story live as scheduled on a designated newscast.
- Perform on-air responsibilities for designated newscast. Perform fill-in anchor assignments for all news programs, as requested or required.
- Work with news producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write, edit, and produce station news packages. Produce additional video and graphic presentations as requested.
- Contribute story ideas for key series pieces and lead stories for daily news programs. Research and write scripts for news content. Select video and coordinate the editing and graphic design production for material that appears on-air.
- Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories.
- Build relationships with the community and community leaders for the purpose of developing connections to story leads. Develop and cultivate contacts within the community for news stories. Establish network of contacts and sources across Connecticut. Cooperate with and support NBC News, Newschannel and other Owned Television Stations.
- Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special promotions projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience shooting video and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a Broadcast station.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production
- Minimum 2 years’ experience writing, producing and desktop editing
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be willing to work in West Hartford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications.
- Experience as a General Assignment Reporter
- Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
- Able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
- Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
- Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
- Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories.
- Prior experience delivering taped and live reports.
- Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage.
- Experience editing content on a desktop editing system.
- Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms.
- A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies.
Apply online: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25354&si...(_MEOjobs_of_the_day_Monday_March_28th_203_27_2016)&mc_cid=a06a0629b1&mc_eid=fb79844dd6