Boutique progressive public relations firm is seeking a like-minded individual to join our small-but-mighty team. The Public Relations Assistant will help with a range of duties as detailed below. This is an ideal position for someone looking to learn the tools of the PR trade; learning on the job is expected. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, intellectually curious, eager to learn about new topics and new modes of communication, and willing to try new things. Sense of humor, excellent judgment and a personal interest in current events highly desirable.
Traditional Media – 50%
• Conduct research to support team members’ work
• Write first drafts of media advisories, press releases, PSAs, pitches and other media outreach materials
• Research reporters, build and manage media lists
• Pitch reporters by phone and email
Social Media – 40%
• Implement social media campaigns for clients and the firm
• Create and manage social media calendars, including securing graphics, drafting text, and posting
• Monitor and report on social media activity
• Promote content through social advertising tools
• Develop and expand community and influencer outreach
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. Keep staff apprised of social media best practices.
Administrative/Other – 10%
• Manage back-end logistics for webinars and events
• Interact with vendors as needed
• Minimal light administrative work, such as filing and ordering supplies, may be required
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
Excellent communication skills
Strong technical abilities and able to pick up new tools/learn new platforms quickly
Exceptional attention to detail
Clear understanding of best practices for leveraging leading social media platforms
Personal interest in non-profits and progressive causes
College degree and 1-2 years of work experience in a professional setting preferred.
Must be able to meet in person at least twice per week in Corvallis, Oregon. Office is not accessible via public transit. Candidate should be prepared to work remotely.
15-20 hours per week @ $18.50 - $20.00 per hour (DOE). Paid time off. 401k available after one year of service. Flexible schedule. Additional hours may be possible depending on client workload.
Rolling deadline. Applications received by 4/12 will be prioritized. Interviews will begin week of 4/16. Submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples should be 250-350 words in the style of a Letter to the Editor about a topic of interest to the applicant. First round of interviews will be conducted week of April 19, but position will remain open until filled. Public Good PR is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. Writing samples should be 250-350 words in the style of a Letter to the Editor about a topic of interest to the applicant. First round of interviews will be conducted week of April 19, but position will remain open until filled. Public Good PR is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.