WFTV, Cox Media Group’s Orlando television station, has an opening for a great television News Photographer to enhance its award-winning staff.
If you`re considered among the best at visual storytelling, teamwork, problem solving, and creativity, please apply. Must be willing to work all shifts and have a positive attitude with a desire to learn and improve.
- Shoot and edit news content for all platforms
- Operate live trucks and associated systems
- MUST have A working technical knowledge of ENG/SNG trucks
- FTP, electronic video services, television photography and editing software is required.
- Must have relevant computer, software and non-liner-editing and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be a strong visual storyteller and an independent problem-solver.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in photography, journalism or related field.
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- 2-3 years working television newsrooms.
- Must have an understanding of news production techniques and the ability to develop an engaging presentation.
- 2-3 years operating Microwave (ENG) and Satellite (SNG) trucks
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record necessary.
- A motor vehicle record check will be performed.
- Lift and easily carry up to 50 pounds of television equipment and get in and out of news vehicles without assistance.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com/.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-490 E South St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing