Join the #1 NBC affiliate group in the country! KING 5 TV, KONG TV, NWCN, and king5.com are part of TEGNA Inc. KING 5 TV is looking for a Photojournalist who is passionate and thrives on great storytelling.
What you need:
- Responsible for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a daily deadline environment.
- Edits stories with Sony XpriNS or other editing platforms.
- Provide editorial input and collaboration for stories and daily newscasts.
- Operate ENG van and live remote equipment.
- Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet, etc.
- Post to social media, editing social videos, and creating digital content.
What we need:
- College degree or equivalent experience with minimum two years’ experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred.
- Must be able to master editing on Sony XpriNS non-linear editing system.
- Complete newsgathering skills required.
- Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills.
- Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines, willingness to work overtime, and work flexible shifts.
- Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, able to lift up to 40 lbs and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KING, you must complete the online application on the employment tab found on: www.king5.com/about and attach your resume, video link, and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
apply online. Intial posting found through MEOjobs. https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Photojournalist/...