A.wordsmith is a boutique public relations firm specializing in thought leadership communications in Portland. Our services include media relations, writing, social media corporate positioning, speaking and award programs and graphic design. We are searching for an intern to join our team in the role of PR Coordinator from December-May 2018. The ideal candidate will be skilled, passionate and driven to deliver high-quality results. The position is best suited for a student living and attending school in the Portland area, or a recent graduate. The Coordinator will be expected to work in the A.wordsmith office five days per week for a minimum of 6 hours per day. Coordinator will work directly with account teams to support ongoing client campaigns.
How will the intern benefit from this experience?:
Real-world agency experience, working on multiple client accounts and with all members of our team. The intern will have the opportunity to grow their media relations, writing, research skills, as well as focus on team collaboration.
What training and learning experiences will the intern receive?:
Direct mentorship from a manager on our team; media list development, media pitching, PR writing, research into efforts that support client programs.
• Regular media monitoring.
• Media relations support – development of media lists, identifying editorial calendar opportunities, crafting press releases
• Support media pitching and outreach
• Research various opportunities to grow client businesses through partner development, awards, speaking/networking engagements and community relations
• PR writing
• General office administrative support
• General understanding of PR programs
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to self-manage and be proactive
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform within tight timeframes and against client budgets
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Working toward, or earned, a degree in journalism, communications or other relevant field
$15 per hour
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by November 15, 2018.