Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location: Nexstar - KRON - San Francisco, CA 94111 US (Primary)
Job Type: Full-time
Nexstar Media Group’s station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area’s Local News Station, seeks a Digital Producer. This position is responsible for day-to-day content on our digital efforts and will work closely with our News Director, Digital Executive Producer and Assignment Desk for the most accurate and up-to-date news of the day on-line.
This will be a regular, full-time, non-union, non-exempt position. Schedule will be flexible, but may include evenings and weekends.
- Preparing, writing, copy-editing and posting news, sports, community, programming, and promotional content from television and other sources for the web site, mobile platforms, and social media sites under the KRON 4 brand
- Building special sections and other custom content for breaking news and other ongoing coverage efforts
- Capturing, encoding, and editing video for the web
- Administering and moderating KRON 4 News social media outreaches including the Facebook fan page, the Twitter account, and comments on KRON4.com in accordance with established standards
- Working closely with news, programming, promotions, and sales departments
- Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
- Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail
- Familiarity with news writing and journalistic standards
- Familiarity with graphics programs such as PhotoShop
- Strong interest in social media and its application to news coverage. Experience as a moderator or admin of a Facebook fan page, Twitter Account, or blog comments a major plus
- Good news judgment
- Must be a self-starter, hard-worker, have a great attitude, be versatile and efficient
Original posting found by MEOjobs.