APCO Worldwide, a global strategic communication firm, is seeking an early-career professional to join our growing New York office. This is an immediate opening and the selected candidate must be available to start 2-3 weeks from offer.
Named the 2017 PR Agency of the year by the New York Observer, we are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
- Provides day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials, and proposals), media monitoring, and conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues
- Assists on digital and social media projects, including creative project management, social media research, reporting, and content creation.
- Contributes to and prepares the basic reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g., perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, social media reports, summary reports, etc.)
- Drafts initial proposals for client work and new business initiatives
- Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
- Develops understanding of client issues through research and monitoring of relevant issues
- Actively supports new business process by preparing pitches and proposals, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing presentation decks
- Prior public relations agency or in-house communications experience (including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Prior internship or work experience in an agency, public affairs, political campaigns, social media, public relations or Capitol Hill preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business management, communication, journalism, public relations or related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Digital/social media fluency
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.