One of our top clients is hiring for a combo position that will be split between the Quality Assurance Team (50%) and Desktop Publishing Team (50%).
On the QA side of things you will review and proof printed and online documentation to assure that the target document resembles as closely as possible the source document (usually the Master English). On the DTP side of things you will work with clients to make edits using Adobe InDesign based on very specific client needs.
Primary Duties (Quality Assurance - QA):
- Indicate all corrections, questions, or comments on the hard copy of the target language document using standardized correction symbols (proofreader marks).
- Able to perform side by side online QA.
- Verify match of type styles and layout: check headings, bullets, paragraphs, kerning, leading, text justification, headers and footers, indentations.
- Verify page flow, art work and graphics, call outs, consistency of punctuation, spelling of proper names, placement of screen captures and related terminology.
- Confirm all text has been translated into target language.
- Cross-check table of contents and internal references.
- Functionality quality assurance testing may also be required.
- Availability for proofreading English documents may also be required.
- Other duties may be assigned by the QA Supervisor or Operations Manager, as required.
Primary Duties (Dexktop Publishing - DTP):
- Lead project-specific DTP teams, report to the project manager, to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of DTP tasks.
- Provide desktop publishing services for projects and in-house activities.
- Support the DTP Supervisor in project coordination tasks.
- Support Marketing by providing graphic design expertise to ensure marketing materials are designed and produced to advertising and marketing requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure DTP tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Aid the DTP Supervisor in monitoring the functional activities of contractors working on DTP.
- Provide support to the System Administrator for DTP computing needs (including Macintosh administration and software inventory).
- Other duties may be assigned by the DTP Supervisor or VP of Operations, as required.
- A minimum of a BS or BA degree or related experience.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Requires accuracy and patience.
- Ability to stay focused and to manage time and budget efficiently.
- Writing/editing/proofreading experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a foreign language a plus.
- Complete familiarity with both Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word and Adobe Acrobat (annotations). Experience with InDesign strongly preferred!
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working experience with PCs and Mac platforms.
- Experience in document localization a plus
Apply online. Intial posting found using CampusPoint. https://www.campuspoint.com/Jobs/21492