APCO Insight®, the strategic research consultancy within global communication firm APCO Worldwide, is seeking a Research Manager to join its team in Washington, D.C. or potentially Chicago, New York or Raleigh.
The Research Manager will be responsible for executing and overseeing research assignments on behalf of the organization and clients. While this position is predominantly an opinion research position, APCO Insight is increasingly involved in assignments employing secondary research techniques, digital and social media research, data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
This position is hands-on including day-to-day management of all aspects of our research projects. Core competencies include research design, developing survey and focus group protocols, overseeing external research partners, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data collected, analyzing information collected and reporting findings.
A successful candidate will have proven opinion research project management skills, including experience overseeing and managing data collection vendors, have exceptional attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills. Moreover, candidates in Chicago, New York or Raleigh must be comfortable working independently and remotely from an APCO office with a supervisor located elsewhere.
- Familiarity with all aspects of opinion research and methods (survey questionnaire and focus group discussion guide construction, sample design, data collection management, data analysis and reporting);
- Managing domestic and/or international research projects;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines;
- Overseeing and coordinating data collection for projects that involve multiple data collection partners and multiple data collection techniques (web, phone, and in-person interviews);
- Identifying and selecting appropriate primary (qualitative or quantitative), secondary and media research partners and techniques;
- Proven facility with descriptive and inferential statistical methods (multivariate analyses preferred but not required);
- Thorough knowledge of SPSS, STATA and/or SAS;
- Capable of working independently and in a team, demonstrating a high level of initiative and enthusiasm for learning;
- Ability to draw insights from data and communicate them in a compelling way to a “lay” audience;
- Oversee the creation of PowerPoint and Word reports based upon the research findings;
- Mentor research analysts;
- Ability to multi-task; and,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 4-7 years of relevant research experience;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field;
- Master's degree and/or graduate work in a relevant field (survey research, mathematics, statistics, international relations, sociology, psychology, political science, public affairs) is preferred, but not required;
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team inclination; and,
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, take initiative and set priorities
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have some experience working on public affairs issues management, crisis management, corporate reputation, brand strategy or market entry, but this is not required.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Public Affairs Agency of the Decade” by The Holmes Report and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, email: email@example.com.