Salt & Straw is a handmade, small batch ice cream company based in Portland, Oregon with shops in Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and soon Seattle. We have a passion for food and we love to share it through our imaginative ice cream. Giving people taste provoking experiences is what gets us out of bed every morning. We work with local makers, farmers, and chefs who inspire us to tell stories about the places we serve ice cream through our ever-evolving menu of unique flavors.
We want to be the happiest part of people’s days. Using ice cream as a platform, we fearlessly explore new ideas, ingredients and connections that help us learn more about ourselves, each other and the communities we’re a part of.
- Our Senior Marketing Manager will:
- Create out-of-store communication plans including PR, digital and paid media
- Drive scoop shop sales by creating new market and shop opening plans and flavor launch campaigns
- Drive e-commerce sales
As our Senior Marketing Manager, you will play a vital role in bringing our brand story to life online and in the communities where we do business. Your main priority will be to drive sales by creating and activating marketing plans that support our scoop shops and e-commerce business. You will manage public relations, digital marketing including social media and email marketing, cause marketing and e-commerce strategies in support of business goals. You are excited to have the opportunity to humbly introduce Salt & Straw to customers one scoop at a time and make an interaction with Salt & Straw, whether at our scoop shops, through social media or a community event a fun and memorable experience.
Additionally, you will be part of a small, entrepreneurial team and join in bringing our Salt & Straw values to life for our team, partners, and customers. This means leading by example and contributing to our mission of taking care of each other and our community. Our marketing team is always listening and sharing learnings to make Salt & Straw the best place to work, partner with or visit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Marketing Director on creation of annual marketing plan; including things like our monthly seasonal flavor campaigns, digital marketing strategy, events strategy & calendar and our cause marketing / community giving relationships
- Create and execute new market and shop opening plans in relation to PR, events, digital marketing and community engagement
- Produce local shop marketing programming and tactics and execute in conjunction with Marketing Manager and local shop team
- Create and execute marketing plans for key flavor launches to drive excitement and awareness
- Develop a robust digital marketing strategy and manage a Marketing/Social Media Coordinator in the development of on-brand social media, email marketing and website (including blogs) content
- Develop and drive an e-commerce strategy and manage a Fulfillment Specialist in support of sales targets
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Clear and enthusiastic communication style
- Strong ability to communicate urgent situations effectively and in a timely manner to company leadership; be able to recognize what information is important and when
- Appreciate and participate in collaborative communication and problem solving
- Able to bring our value of hospitality into all interactions with team, customers and community
- Expert project manager with strong ability to prioritize projects; consistent follow up and follow through
- Strategic brand thinker and communicator
- Strong evaluation and decision making skills
- 8+ years in a marketing position with experience creating and executing brand level and local marketing plans preferably for a multi-unit retailer
- 5+ years leading digital marketing strategy including social media
- Experience driving e-commerce strategy and sales
- Demonstrated ability to lead agencies and a team of one to two direct reports
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional company managers
- Experience working within a budget and managing tactics according to plan
- Available to work full time days and nights/weekends as needed
- Available to travel occasionally
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field preferred or equivalent education, training and experience