Safe Routes to School is a community approach to encourage and enable more people to walk and bike to school safely. We do this through the 6 E’s of Safe Routes to School:
Evaluation: We collect data to gauge the effectiveness of the program.
Education: Includes student pedestrian and bicycle safety classes and info to parents.
Encouragement: Activities like Walk & Roll to School Day and Walking School Buses.
Engineering: We assess the built environment to support safety for student pedestrians and bicyclists and make recommendations to local jurisdictions for implementation.
Enforcement: Includes crossing guards, speed readers, targeted police patrols.
Equity: We strive to incorporate equity into each of the other “E’s” listed above.
The Internship will primarily focus on managing all social media and communications for Eugene-Springfield Safe Routes to School. The internship will focus on three of the six “E’s”: education, engineering and encouragement. Duties include:
• Create relevant posts on the two main social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram
• Post updates, news and announcements 2 – 3 times per week to maintain an active social media presence
• Work closely with the Safe Routes to School Regional Team for content and collaboration
• Attend events to document photos and videos
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
General knowledge and skills required:
• Proficient with managing social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram)
• Photography and videography skills
• Graphic design skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and reliable
• Attention to detail
• Passion for active transportation
E-mail cover letter and résumé to Laughton Elliott-DeAngelis.