• Conduct digital communications in a professional and appropriate way on all social media platforms.
• Manage social media traffic and understand current digital trends in other educational platforms.
• Create and execute digital communications plans and strategies with clear articulation of goals, audience, tactics, and metrics.
• Use software tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, TweetDeck, HubSpot).
• Organize complicated information to write, edit, tell a story, and convey strategic messages for a variety of audiences, media, and contexts.
• Demonstrated ability to select, acquire, and manage content, including shooting and editing photos for use online and in print materials.
• Working independently and setting appropriate work priorities
• Using excellent grammar, spelling, attention to detail.
• Writing blog posts for the official website and WordPress blog site to promote Project ESCOLAR.
Experience Required/Preferred (leave blank if included in position description above)
• Currently pursuing a bachelors degree in Journalism, Communication, Advertising, Public relations, Business/Marketing or related degree.
• Experience with writing short and clear statements for social media platforms.
• Proficiency in research social media trends and photo editing.
Additional Questions for Internships:
Internships are defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) as: “a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in a classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.” Internship supervisors are expected to provide students with personal supervision, ongoing guidance and support, and timely professional feedback/evaluation. An intern is not free help or meant to replace an employee and should never be spending more than 20% of their time doing busy work (filing, covering the phone, errands). Instead, an intern should be guided and monitored based on a set of intentional professional goals that have been established in consultation with the intern and his/her supervisor. Interns may be paid or unpaid based on the Department of Labor (DOL) criteria which is based on the US Fair Labor Standards ACT (FLSA). THE FLSA restricts the employer’s use of unpaid interns and has issued six guidelines for determining whether an employer must pay interns for work.The guidelines are as follows: The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training, which would be given in an educational environment;The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; andThe employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship. If ALL of the above criteria are met, then the internship falls outside of the scope of the FLSA and the internship may be unpaid. Otherwise, the intern may be considered a “covered employee” under the FLSA, subject to applicable minimum wage and overtime requirements. It is the employers responsibility to ensure that the internship complies with all state and federal requirements. Fair Labor Standards Act: Acknowledgment that the employer has read and understands the Fair Labor Standards Act. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Fair Labor Standards Act.
How will the intern benefit from this experience?
The intern will gain the experience of working in a professional field that utilizes social media to promote nonprofit organizations and education. He/she will be able to build their writing and work portfolio by utilizing and implementing strategies to reach the targeted audience.
What training and learning experiences will the intern receive?
The intern will learn to utilize the best messaging strategies to target an audience in the social media platform. The intern will receive feedback on their writing, which will not only improve their grammar and writing skills but will allow them to become better story tellers.
How will you provide constructive feedback for the intern?
The intern will be provided guidance in implementing the best marketing strategies, our close work environment will allow the intern to receive a variety of constructive feedback that will allow them to grow as a professional individual.
Who will be supervising the intern and what are his/her qualifications?
Fatima Terrazas Arellanes, Ph.D. Principal Investigator
Email current resume or CV to email@example.com with a short description of why you want to pursue this position.